Hey curly-cues! Get ready to see a lot of recipes for spiralized veggies on my blog!
My favorite, favorite Christmas present this year was my $15 SpiraLife spiralizer. Finally, I can make zoodles properly. I’ve tried to use graters and peelers and other makeshift methods, but the noodles just don’t come out right. So, if you really want to start making veggie noodles, I highly recommend getting a spiralizer. And like I said, they’re only $15 on Amazon. So worth it!
For my first recipe, I wanted to make a big batch of veggie pasta that I could portion out and take to work for lunches. This Pesto Zucchini with Chicken is super easy to put together. I’ve used this pesto sauce before in a Pesto Linguini With Tomato dish and decided to put it together with my zucchini noodles. I also bought a package of pre-cooked chicken to make the assembly even easier.
Now that i have my first spiralized meal in the can, I’m so excited to make more veggie pasta with sweet potatoes and carrots. If you have links to some fresh recipes, I’d love to see them.
6-8 large zucchini (spiralized)
1/2 cup of pesto
1/4 cup condensed cream of celery soup
1 tablespoon milk
2 cups pre-cooked chicken strips
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Spiralize zucchini and place on a baking sheet covered in paper towel. Sprinkle zucchini with light salt to draw out the liquid. Let sit for 20 minutes
2. While zucchini is sitting, prepare the sauce. In a small pan, combine pesto, cream of celery soup and milk. Stir and simmer until hot throughout.
3. Blot liquid off zucchini with more paper tower or a clean towel.
4. In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat, add zucchini and saute for 5-6 minutes. Add cooked chicken and pesto sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until chicken is heated.
5. Serve hot or portion out for weekday lunches or dinners.