It’s one week until Christmas! I know, it snuck up fast on me too! If you’ve been procrastinating on the holiday baking, or you need a fast gift for a neighbor, co-worker or mailman (perhaps all three)… don’t freak out. I’m sharing my favorite homemade treat that takes almost zero effort and zero time to make. (Thank goodness for Rolo and their genius recipe on the back of the bag!)
These Pretzel Turtle Candies are so simple and so festive. This year, I put them in a Christmas tin to share with my next door neighbors (and kept a few for myself!) Turtles are my absolute favorite candies, and the pretzel bite adds just the right amount of crunch to satisfy your salty-sweet cravings.
Ok, lets not waste any more time. You’ve got wrapping to do, I’ve got wrapping to do… and Santa waits for no man. Merry Christmas!
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Layer pretzel squares flat on a baking sheet covered in tin foil.
3. Place one Rolo candy on each pretzel square
4. Place in oven for 4-5 minutes until the candy softens
5. Remove from oven. Place pecan piece on each piece of candy and press down gently.
6. Let candy cool for 2-3 hours and it will harden. (You can also place in the fridge and then remove when candy is hardened.