My obsession with veggie noodles is off the charts. You know what they say: Once you go veggie pasta…. ok, you’ll probably go back to regular pasta at some point, but for those bloated days when you want a lighter option – veggie pasta is totally the way to go! You get all the texture and flavor without the guilt.
A few weeks ago, I showed you how to turn zucchini into a Pesto Chicken “Pasta” dish. This week, I’m using sweet potatoes for a twist on Thai takeout! I’m cheating with some store-bought sauce and pre-cooked chicken strips because I’m trying to squeeze the most out of my “me” time these days. I’m sure we can all relate.
If you haven’t been following along, I made my noodles with a Spiralife Spiralizer… $15 on Amazon, but a warning: the sweet potatoes take a lot more muscle to spiralize than the zucchini I used in the previous recipe. If you can muster the strength and hang with it for all 6 potatoes, I promise it will be totally worth it. Heck, you might even treat yourself to seconds!
6 Sweet Potatoes
2 cups of pre-cooked chicken strips
4 oz. Kikkoman Thai Style Peanut Sauce
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Sesame seeds, optional
1. Cut the ends off the sweet potatoes and peel.
2. Spiralize potatoes using your favorite spiralizer and setting.
3. Heat olive oil in large covered pan (with cover off).
4. Add sweet potato noodles to the pan and stir to coat and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add Thai peanut sauce and pre-cooked chicken to pan. Stir to completely coat and combine. Cover pan and cook 10 minutes, stirring once every few minutes.
6. You could top with scallions and/or sesame seeds, if desired.