It might be a November cliche, but my current weekend goals include wrapping up in a warm lumberjack flannel, lighting up a Christmas candle, getting underneath an electric blanket and binging holiday TV with my husband and my bulldog.
The holiday TV doesn’t normally fly with my guy, but I might be able to sway him with this totally man-friendly Sunday Beef Stew. Tender beef, vegetables, a rich gravy – and it’s super easy! Winter weekends… nailed it!
1 pound of stew beef chunks
3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups beef stock
1 cup water
1 packet of McCormick Beef Stew seasoning
1 onion, coarsely chopped
5 carrots, chopped
5 white potatoes, coarsely chopped
1. Dredge beef in flour to coat.
2. In a heavy pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil and brown beef on all sides.
3. Add beef stock, water and stew seasoning to pot. Heat to a boil then lower to a simmer for 45 minutes.
4. Add vegetables to the pot and let simmer for 1 hour. Stir a couple times while stew is simmering.
5. Remove from heat. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.