Deviled Eggs conjure up nostalgia for the Mad Men era: housewives, cocktail parties, fidoras. I haven’t had had a Deviled Egg in eons and I think it’s time they come back in fashion. It’s perfect timing, too! There will be a lot of eggs being boiled with Easter coming up, so I wanted to share this new take on an old favorite. (RECIPE BELOW)
A shot of Sriracha adds a beautiful red hue – and a bit of a kick – to your Deviled Eggs. I was inspired by a recipe from Hampton Creek’s Just Mayo. They sent me a sample of the product, which is egg-free, non-GMO, gluten-free, soy free, dairy-free, lactose-free, and naturally cholesterol-free. A great way to eat clean without sacrificing taste.
Whether you boil your eggs, scramble them, paint them, or hide them, I hope you all have a blessed Easter and spring!
Sriracha Deviled Eggs
(Modified from Hampton Creek Recipe)
9 hard-boiled eggs
4 Tbsp Just Mayo
2 teaspoons Sriracha
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp shallot, minced
3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (not pictured)
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
1) Cut eggs lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place in a small mixing bowl.
2) Arrange egg whites on a tray, cover and store in fridge.
3) Mash yolks until the crumbles begin to smooth out. Add Just Mayo, sriracha, mustard, and shallot to the bowl and mix together until creamy and smooth.
4) Chill yolk mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes to let it set.
5) Spoon yolk mixture into the holes of the egg whites, or use a piping bag.
6) Top eggs with cilantro and smoked paprika.
7) Serve or keep refrigerated