Summer adventures are calling. Wild wonders are waiting to be explored. Make this your summer of action!
We are SO LUCKY in the PNW to have an abundance of outdoor activities and world-class destinations sitting right at our doorstep. Whether you want to paddle board, kayak, catch a whale watching tour, take an easy hike, take a strenuous hike, discover hidden lakes & waterfalls, climb a mountain, climb a volcano, or trek through a rainforest, there are thousands of adventures to be had. Live here for a lifetime and you might not experience them all.
Whole Foods Market® is helping to kick off your summer adventures with its inaugural “Ready for Action Week,” June 24 to 30 to encourage active living and proper nutrition to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Set a smartphone alert: On Saturday, June 27th at 10 a.m, Whole Foods stores will offer a limited edition “Ready for Action” summer survival bag, packed with just about everything you’ll need for an amazing outdoor adventure – start to finish. Valued at $50, the bag (and all the products) will be sold for $12 while supplies last.
I got a preview of the bag and I took it on my first summer hike up Little Si in North Bend. I’m challenging you to have a “Summer of Action” as well, so I’m partnering with Whole Foods to give away one of these bags to one of you awesome readers. CLICK HERE TO ENTER. Here’s a look at what’s inside the bag and how I used the products.
(Disclaimer: I received a complimentary bag, but the review contains my own opinions)
A great adventure starts with careful planning – that includes getting your body Ready for Action.
1. Spectrum Essential Seed Blend Packets – I started the day with a bowl of oatmeal and fruit topped with Chia, Maca & Cacao Nibs for a boost of protein and fiber to help me with a grueling hike.
2. Toms of Maine Long Lasting Deodorant – Let’s face it, deodorant is a must for sweaty summer activities. Toms offers protection without aluminum or artificial fragrance.
3. Goddess Garden Organics Everyday Natural or Kids Sunscreen SPF 30 – Normally, I have to use SPF 50 on my fair skin, but since I was under a thick canopy of trees on relatively overcast day, this one worked just fine. No burn! The travel sized tube makes it easy to carry with you, too!
4. Nuun Active natural Electrolyte Enhanced Drink Tabs – As a relatively inactive person, this trail kicked my butt! By the time I got to the top of Little Si it was time to breathe at a normal pace, enjoy the stunning view and replenish my fluids. I popped one of these lemon lime tabs into my water bottle for the trip back down the trail.
5. Aubrey Pure Aloe Vera – Fortunately, I didn’t burn on this trip so I’m saving it for the next one (I’m sure I’ll need it to sooth a burn at one time or another this summer.)
6. Boiron Arnicare Gel – At 3pm, I was feeling like “queen of the mountain.” By 8pm… not so much. While settled on the couch watching Netflix, my knee was throbbing and my thigh muscles were on fire. I used the Arnicare Gel as a pain reliever for muscle pain and stiffness. It’s unscented, paraben-free and works naturally with your body.
7. The bag also contains a few more goodies including Garden of Life Perfect Food Raw Organic Green Super Food in Chocolate Cacao, a Spectrum Essential recipe book and three coupons (Amazing Grass, Aubrey and Cal Naturale Svelte.)
When: Saturday, June 27 at 10 am
Where: Your local U.S. Whole Foods Market store
How much: $12 (valued at $50!)
Don’t forget to sign up for my special giveaway and you could get one for free!