I had such a great experience making homemade pesto the other day that I decided to use a batch for a bright Pesto Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Chicken. This was easily one of the most deeee-licious things to come out of my kitchen in weeks!
If you don’t feel like making fresh pesto (although it’s really very simple) you can certainly use a store-bought jar to create this dish. I turned the pesto into a creamy pasta sauce using a little milk and some cream of celery soup.
4 chicken breasts
1 small container of cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup of pesto
1 box of linguine
2 tablespoons of milk
1/4 cup of condensed cream of celery soup
1 tablespoon olive oil (I used garlic infused olive oil)
freshly grated parmesan cheese for topping
1. Season chicken lightly with salt, pepper and oregano. Cut chicken into strips.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet, add chicken and cook through on both sides. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add the cherry tomatoes and cook for about 3-4 minutes until they begin to become tender. Remove from heat, set aside.
3. While chicken is cooking, boil linguini, drain. Return to pot and add creamy pesto sauce (recipe below). Mix to combine. Spoon pasta into bowls, top with chicken slices, tomatoes and top with some freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Creamy Pesto Sauce
1. Heat a small sauce pan on medium heat.
2. Add 1/2 cup of pesto, milk, and 1/4 of cream of celery soup.
3. Mix together until it’s heated through. Add to cooked pasta.