It’s almost that time of year when I send my oven into hibernation. Baking cookies, cakes and roasts in a non-air conditioned apartment during the spring/summer is just asking for a heaping dose of crankiness in this family. Really! It’s enough to sour even the sweetest dessert. So, what’s a sugar-addicted girl to do? Treats must still be made for special spring/summer events: graduations, birthdays, Mother’s Day, days ending with “day”… you get the idea!
Thankfully, I found the perfect solution to my summer dessert dilemma. It’s a no-bake, 5 ingredient, 10 minute refrigerated raspberry pie that will brighten up a party, a summer holiday, or a Wednesday! I was inspired by my girl at Working Mom Magic to incorporate greek yogurt as a healthier alternative. The beauty part is, if raspberries aren’t your jam, you can substitute almost any flavor under the sun. And since it only takes 10 minutes to put together, you can enjoy MORE of that sun outside instead of sweating, I mean glistening, in the kitchen.
It just so happens, an early string of 70-80 degree temperatures have swept over the PNW. Rosie and I were able to get out and enjoy some of the incredible weather this week before cooling off with some raspberry pie.
What are your favorite warm weather desserts?
1 pre-made chocolate graham cracker crust pie shell
1 4oz box of raspberry jello
1/3 cup boiling water
3 5oz containers of greek raspberry yogurt
4 oz of cool whip, thawed
1 container of raspberries for decorative topping
1. Boil water on stovetop. Add jello and stir to dissolve. Let cool in the fridge a few minutes.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine liquid jello and yogurt.
3. Fold in cool whip. Pour mixture into pie shell.
4. Allow to cool in refrigerator 2-3 hours. I put it in the freezer for an hour to set it well, then in the fridge about 2-3 hours before serving, but it would also be good as a frozen treat.
5. Top with fresh raspberries.