The best thing about my new bundt pans: everything I make looks pretty regardless of how the actual cake turns out! Fortunately, I love eating this Spiced Apple Bundt Cake just as much as I like looking at it.
I’m having so much fun playing around with these pans.I think I’m bordering on a new obsession. If you like the look of this “swirl” cake, you should definitely check out the cool “rose” design from my Chocolate Wine Cake. It is so fantastically fabulous that I feel a little guilty about cutting into it… that passed pretty quickly though.
By the way, If you want to buy these pans for yourself, you can find them HERE ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE.
So here’s the skinny on this apple cake: I modified a recipe for a Spiced Pear Bundt Cake by swapping the pears for apples and it worked out beautifully.
#ProTip: Make sure to save some of the glaze to drizzle over the slices of cake after you serve them for a little extra sweetness.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 large Granny Smith apples
1/2 cup apple sauce
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°. Spray bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
3. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup apple sauce, oil, granulated sugar and one egg at a time until combined. Beat in vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture to the small bowl and beat until combined.
5. Peel and core apples. Chop into small chunks. Fold apples into cake batter.
6. Pour batter into pan. (Make sure to only fill the pan 3/4 of the way!)
7. Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes.
8. Place cooling rack upside down over pan; turn rack and pan over. Gently lift pan to remove cake. Cool cake completely.
9. While cake is cooling, make icing: in a small saucepan, melt butter, add brown sugar, salt and cream over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth.
10: Lightly dusk cake with powdered sugar. Immediately pour icing over cooled cake.