If you’re like me, you have at least 2 cans of pumpkin puree in your cupboard at all times during the fall, (even if you don’t know what you’re going to make with it) you keep a running tally of how many #PSL drinks you get from Starbucks, and you flip out when you find a new, seasonal pumpkin baking goodie like Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses!
Believe it or not, I’ve never made puppy chow before! I definitely remember eating it like kiddie crack at birthday parties as a little girl. Now, the puppy chow of my youth is getting a makeover for fall… pumpkin style! Yah!
I substituted regular chocolate chips for pumpkin spice kisses. I’m telling you, it’s just like a #PSL, but crunchy!
This is a super fun idea for Halloween parties, fall work parties, or fall baby/wedding showers. It’s perfect if you have zippo time to make something, but you can’t show up with nothing because it’s so simple and easy to make.
Happy Fall Everyone!!!!
1. Pour box of Chex into large mixing bowl and set aside
2. Put kisses, peanut butter and butter into large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and mix. Microwave again in increments of 15 seconds until the mixture is smooth.
3. Pour chocolate mixture into the bowl of Chex in small batches until all of the cereal is coated.
4. Pour Chex into a large 2 gallon plastic bag or a large air-tight, lidded container. Pour powdered sugar into the bag or container, seal and shake until coated. I did it in 2 batches to avoid a powdered sugar bomb in my kitchen 🙂
5. Pour mixture onto wax sheets and let cool and harden.
6. Store mixture in refrigerator.