You gotta love the classics. Books, movies and in this case… dessert! I love modern food and new twists on old favorites, but sometimes you just crave the food that spellbound you as a child. My first memory of fruit pizza is from a family get-together of some kind. I don’t remember the time, the place, or who was there (it’s even possible I’m making it up), but I remember how pretty all the fruit looked layered together. Whether it was real, or imagined, I wanted to recreate that memory this week. Turns out they call it a classic for a reason… it’s just plain good!
1 pkg of Pre-made sugar cookie dough
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Fresh fruit of your choice: blueberries, strawberries, peaches, kiwi, banana, raspberries, blackberries (just to name a few)
Preheat oven to 350
1. Press cookie dough into a thin layer on a greased pan.
2. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and let cool completely.
3. Mix softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until it turns into a creamy frosting.
4. Spread over cooled cookie crust.
5. Layer fruit over frosting.
6. Refrigerate 1 hour and serve.