There are so many flavors, so many textures, so many possibilities to choose from. As a new cook, I am just beginning to discover how to use ingredients, spices, and food in a new way. Here are my top ten so far. What are your favorite ingredients to cook with?
10. Roasted Vegetables – they come out so crunchy and flavorful!
9. Chocolate – Ok, this just has to be in the top ten no matter what!
8. Asparagus – I’m trying to find new ways to sneak this veggie into just about anything.
7. Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese – It’s so much better than the store-bought stuff you put on pasta.
6. Curry – I swear you can throw it in any dish and it amps up the flavor ten fold!
5. Mozzarella and Basil – It reminds me of my honeymoon in Paris. C’est la vie!
4. Olive Oil – I feel elegant when I pour it out of my special bottle, I’m not sure why!
3. Freshly Ground Pepper – same as above 🙂
2. Balsamic Vinegar – It is my go-to for dressing and so delicious to use as a reduction.
1. Freshly Grated Ginger – I used it for the first time recently and it has a perfume that will smack you in the face with love!