Yes, these are all mistakes/funny stories this cooking newbie has encountered in the kitchen.
10. Mistaking Apple Vinegar for Apple Cider. They are NOT the same!
9. Trying to use a “hand blender” as a “hand mixer” to mix Gingerbread Cookie batter. I burned the motor.
8. Letting cookies bake too long in the oven
7. “Eyeballing” ingredients resulting in really dry zucchini bread
6. Forgetting to put the eggs in cupcakes meant for a bake sale. They ended up in the trash!
5. Burning a pizza and being too short to wave a towel at the smoke detector
4. Ever-so-gently drizzling olive oil in a scalding hot pan. Ouch!
3. Trying to find creative ways to substitute for ingredients I don’t have in the house
2. Undercooking Chicken for a family get-together
1. Trying to make “healthy” No-Bake Cookies With Splenda and Margarine
This post it linked to Top Ten Tuesday.