When the calendar hit September, I went all in on fall. I don’t even care that the forecast is calling for high 70’s next weekend. I replaced sandals with booties, iced coffee with PSL, and colorful shirts with gray sweaters, and I’m not turning back until April. The PSL gave me a taste for pumpkin that I couldn’t shake, so I broke out the can of pumpkin I had left over in the pantry from last year – and I got to baking. I feel like I’m definitely going to “pumpkin” myself out before we actually hit fall, but look at me not caring! (Recipe Below)
For The Cake
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened
4 large eggs
1 cup Pure Pumpkin
8 oz. vanilla greek yogurt
For the Cream Cheese Filling
8 oz cream cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar.
2 to 3 tablespoons milk in small bowl
stir until smooth
1. Pre-heat oven to 350. Grease bundt pan well and set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
3.In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
4. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well.
5. To the bowl, add pumpkin and greek yogurt; mix well.
6. In small batches, gradually beat in flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
7. Spoon a third of the batter into bundt pan.
8. Pour the cream cheese filling over the batter in the pan.
9. Cover the filling with the remainder of the batter.
10. Bake for a an hour until sharp knife inserted in cake comes out clean.
11. Cook for 30 minutes in the pan on a wire rack.
12. Invert cake onto wire rack to cool.
13. Once cool, top with glaze (optional, not pictured)